All-Russian Scientific Conference "Information - Communication - Society"
XI Annual All-Russian Scientific Conference "Information - Communication - Society" on the topic of "Communicative space of metropolis" took place at the ETU Faculty of Humanities on January 23 - 24, 2014.
XI Annual All-Russian Scientific Conference "Information - Communication - Society" took place at Faculty of Humanities under the chairmanship of Rector of the University Vladimir M. Kutuzov on January 23 - 24, 2014.
ETU Vice-Rector for Research Mikhail Y. Shestopalov mounted the conference, thanked organizers for invitation and said: "This conference is very global because here all aspects of information, communication and society can be discussed. I'm not a humanitarian but these topics are getting more and more interesting for me. When I have to communicate with students and young people I understand that I lack knowledge in these areas".
Discussion of metropolis communicative space topic was conducted on the following directions:
- Paradoxes and contradictions of communicative space of metropolis;
- Cities in history of Russia and the world;
- Communicative space of metropolis: social and political dimension;
- Mediums in modern metropolis;
- Metropolis as the territory of language changes;
- Problems of science and technology philosophy in information space of higher school of St. Petersburg;
- Specificity of Russian language functioning in modern metropolis.
Round-table discussions are always held at Conference "Information - Communication - Society". This year considerations were devoted to the topics of "Being the cultural capital of Russia: Resources and Obstacles" and «PR-education: 20 years later".
More than 50 high school teachers from Moscow, Nizhni Novgorod, Nizhni Tagil, Orsk, St. Petersburg, Saratov, Tver, Ulyanovsk performed at the conference in person or provided the materials of their research. Total amount of participants was more than a hundred people including students.