Computer Systems Engineering and Informatics
Postgraduate program « Computer Systems Engineering and Informatics» includes the following directions, from which you can choose one to study under:
- 05.13.01 - System Analysis, Management and Information Processing;
- 05.13.05 - Elements and Devices of Computer Engineering and Management Systems;
- 05.13.06 - Automation and Management of Technological Processes and Production;
- 05.03.11 - Mathematics and Computer Software, Complexes and Computer Networks;
- 05.13.12 - Automation Design Systems;
- 05.13.15 - Computers, Complexes and Computer Networks;
- 05.13.18 - Math Modeling, Calculation Methods and Programs Complexes;
- 25.00.35 - Geoinformatics.
The directions are carried out at the Faculty of Computer Science and Technology.
Postgraduate study is a system for training highly qualified specialists of the new generation, competitive in the market of intellectual labor, with the skills of analytical, research and teaching activities. To apply for the postgraduate program candidate should hold master’s or specialist’s degree in the related field.
Russian higher education is divided into undergraduate (bachelor's), graduate (master's or specialist’s) and postgraduate (PhD) levels. Bachelor’s degree programs duration is 4 year, master’s degree program is 2 more years (6 years in total). Specialist’s programs are usually lasts for 5 or 5,5 years. Specialist’s degree is equated to bachelor’s + master’s degrees obtained.
Postgraduate programs’ duration is 4 years. At the beginning of the studies an individual training plan is drawn up. Postgraduate education includes research under the guidance of scientific supervisor. Therefore, for admission it is important to accurately determine the faculty and department, where you would like to continue your studies, to have a potential PhD supervisor and thesis abstracts.
During this time, it is necessary to have several scientific publications. Upon completion of the program and postgraduate exams, graduates receive the postgraduate diploma. After receiving a diploma you have the opportunity to become a Candidate of Sciences. It can be achieved by defending a thesis for the Candidate's Degree at the end of the studies.
International Students Office
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197022, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|