Photonics, Instrumentation, Optical and Biotechnical Systems and Technologies
Postgraduate program includes the following directions, from which you can choose one to study under:
- 05.11.03 - Navigation Devices;
- 05.11.07 - Optical and Optical-electronic Devices and Systems (in English);
- 05.11.13 - Devices and Methods of Environmental Control, Materials and Products;
- 05.11.16 - Information Measurement and Control Systems;
- 05.11.17 - Instruments, Systems and Medical Devices.
Scientific specialty uniting studies on general laws conversion, storage, and transmission of electrical energy utilization and electrical information, and the principles and functional properties of the active agent or generated electrical systems and industrial systems, transport, domestic and special purpose. The scientific study of function objects are electrical systems and electric power generation system, the actuator, power supply, electrotechnology agricultural vehicles, aerospace equipment, marine and river vessels, office and residential buildings, special equipment.
Development of safe and efficient operation, disposal and elimination of electrical systems and systems after their production laid resource. Within the specialty solved the problem of using electricity in metallurgy, thermal processes for various purposes, in the technologies using a discharge in the laser gas and, processing of radioactive waste and conventional in the welding procedure. The problems of optimal design of electro-technological systems and the effective management of their equipment.
Devices, systems, and medical devices - an area of science and technology, which includes research, development and production of medical equipment and medical products, sanitary and epidemiological environmental purposes, aimed at the implementation of modern medical technologies to prevent and treat human diseases, based on the whole range of research -Technical, instrumentation and tools for diagnosis, surgery, therapy, rehabilitation.
Prevention of human diseases, biomedical experiment in practical public health and various areas of biomedical research, to optimize the information data received by the medical process, processing, choosing the means of its representation, transfer the contact information transfer mode telecommunication receiving, displaying and deciding on the transcontinental space.
- The development of the general theory of electrical engineering complexes and systems, study of the system properties and relationships, physical, mathematical, simulation and computer modeling of components and systems, electrical systems.
- Rationale for the set of technical, technological, economic, environmental and social criteria for evaluating decisions made in the design, development and operation of electrical systems and systems.
- Design, synthesis of structural and parametric electrical systems and systems, their optimization as well as to provide efficient control algorithms.
- Study efficiency and quality of operation of electrical systems and systems in different modes, with various external influences.
- Research, development and creation of medical equipment, articles, tools, methods and techniques for human diagnosis and therapy, are considered as a means of broken polyalternativeness system representation is possible mathematical, biotechnology, mechanical model, as well as energy, physico-chemical, electrochemical model, and others.
Postgraduate study is a system for training highly qualified specialists of the new generation, competitive in the market of intellectual labor, with the skills of analytical, research and teaching activities. To apply for the postgraduate program candidate should hold master’s or specialist’s degree in the related field.
Russian higher education is divided into undergraduate (bachelor's), graduate (master's or specialist’s) and postgraduate (PhD) levels. Bachelor’s degree programs duration is 4 year, master’s degree program is 2 more years (6 years in total). Specialist’s programs are usually lasts for 5 or 5,5 years. Specialist’s degree is equated to bachelor’s + master’s degrees obtained.
Postgraduate programs’ duration is 4 years. At the beginning of the studies an individual training plan is drawn up. Postgraduate education includes research under the guidance of scientific supervisor. Therefore, for admission it is important to accurately determine the faculty and department, where you would like to continue your studies, to have a potential PhD supervisor and thesis abstracts.
During this time, it is necessary to have several scientific publications. Upon completion of the program and postgraduate exams, graduates receive the postgraduate diploma. After receiving a diploma you have the opportunity to become a Candidate of Sciences. It can be achieved by defending a thesis for the Candidate's Degree at the end of the studies.
International Students Office
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|