Technology Innovation Management
Enroll at a program that is rooted in both science and business. Become a sought-after professional able to effectively manage a company and transform research developments into promising innovative product.
Preferences for students
- Our university can offer you grant on a competitive basis, which partially covers the tuition fee (from 1 semester).
- You can also receive travel grant on a competitive basis for participation in the academic mobility program, covering the full or part of the cost of tickets to get to your destination.
- Masters of English-language programs also have access to short-term courses that improve their qualifications under preferential terms.
The program is intended for graduates of engineering and management departments who would like to work on their innovation, technology and engineering skills. Master’s students learn the basics of project management, marketing and innovative activity. Students also learn how to manage innovations in a business and implement new technologies in resource management of a knowledge-intensive manufacturing company.
The program provides students with international-level education which is crucial in the era of digital economy. After graduation students can be hired by leading world technology companies.
|Degree Program||27.04.05 Technology Innovation Management, Institute of Innovation Design and Technological Entrepreneurship|
|Program starts||1 September|
|Credit Points||120 ECTS|
|Tuition Fees||131 000 RUB for the 1st semester|
Why students choose ETU "LETI"
ETU “LETI” is a university with deep historical roots that is famous for its fundamental approach to training. It was established in 1886 and became the first university in Europe to specialize in electrical engineering. Each student can reach out and touch history and even join it.
Go down your own personalized learning path, study in small groups of maximum 15 people (except for Computer Science programs), enjoy the support of your tutor and work directly your research supervisor. The university does all of that to help ETU “LETI” students achieve even the boldest dreams.
No matter what program you are enrolled at, you can take part in academic mobility and apply to double degree programs.
The ETU “LETI” campus is located in the center of Saint Petersburg near the Botanical Garden and Karpovka River Embankment. Many interesting sights are within walking distance. The metro station is 10 minutes away from the campus.
Each program invites overseas professors from world top-ranked universities to share experience and knowledge. These lecturers get engaged in the learning process by holding lectures, workshops and cases.
ETU “LETI” is included in the largest university rankings such as THE, QS, Forbes, The Three University Missions, RAEX, Webometrics, etc. It is also among the leaders in the subject rankings that correspond with its priority research areas. The university prides itself to being the best in graduate employment. 90% of all ETU “LETI” graduates are hired before receiving their degrees.
University researchers have several dozen patents registered every year. The university has 3 research institutes, 16 education and research schools and a Technopark. The Technopark is comprised of the Youth Innovation Center and Technopark Business Incubator.
Upon enrolling at ETU “LETI”, students realize that they are not alone. A team of tutors helps international students adapt and answers their questions. Our staff are in contacted with students almost 24/7 and are always ready to help.
The university considers all-round training of its students a top priority. We have 20 sports groups and 11 creative teams with professional educators at their helm for you to join and unlock your talents. You can also participate in competitions. Moreover, the university organizes theme parties, festivals, free city and suburb tours for its international students.
About the program
The Master’s program is primarily introduced by the Innovation Management Department (Institute of Institute of Innovation Design and Technological Entrepreneurship) as well as the Department of Robotics and Industrial Automation, Department of Quality Management and Department of Philosophy.
The program is especially relevant today when enterprises of the world are faced by the necessity of digital transformation. Graduates are able to partake in digital transformation of an enterprises. They also take on systemic challenges when it comes to audit and management of business process as part of the digital information and communication infrastructure.
- Methods of Scientific Research
- Basics of Cyber-Physical Systems Management
- Technology Transfer
- Management of Technological Innovations
- Advanced Strategic Analysis
- Intellectual Property Management Open Innovation
- Finance and Economy in Marketing
- Knowledge Management
- Network Technologies
- Project Management
- Innovation Marketing
- Innovation Project Evaluation
- Technological Audit
- Multi-Agent Systems
- Digital Communications
- Business English
- International Business Environment in English
- International Business Practices in English
- Innovation Strategy of an Enterprise
- Understand how to manage and develop commercial knowledge for innovation project management
- learn project management, marketing and strategy planning skills
- know how to analyze solutions, creative output and design in new products
- understand how a project functions (classifications, project lifecycle and stages, funding and effectiveness assessment)
- are able to apply modern tools to commercialize new technology products and transform innovative product into consumer goods
- learn first-hand how to create technology and develop a modern enterprise, choose the right sales promotion model, register intellectual property (patenting and licensing)
- understand legal aspects of patent transfer and interaction among tech market participants (agents)
Thesis Defense June
Modes of Instruction lectures, seminars and internships
Assessment term theses, pass/fail tests, seminars and exams
Innovation Management Department (Institute of Institute of Innovation Design and Technological Entrepreneurship), as well as the Department of Robotics and Industrial Automation, Department of Quality Management and Department of Philosophy have a reputation for both their high-quality academic education and state-of-the-art laboratory equipment. Theory acquired in class is then applied during project work and internships. Master’s students can take an internship at Gazprom.
Students can apply for short-term (2-4 weeks) and long-term (6-10 months) internships, including double-degree programs. The key international partners of the department are the following:
- Zealand Institute of Business and Technology (ZIBAT)
- University of Piraeus
Students can also apply for summer and winter professional schools at ETU “LETI”.
Program graduates build successful careers in various sectors of the economy and are employed as:
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Executive directors
- Branch directors
- Product managers
- Marketing analysts
- Development managers
- Strategy consultant
Continue your research and build your career with ETU “LETI”! Program graduates can enroll at a PhD program or find employment at the university.
LETI is 130 years old and University campus is almost 110 years old. During its history all lecture halls, research laboratories, conference halls, gym halls, libraries and canteens were built by famous architects.
For example, the oldest building on-campus was built in Art Nouveau style in 1903 by A.N. Vekshinsky as a front facade of the University. There is a library with 1.2 million editions including priceless publications presented to the University by Emperor Alexander III, as well as spacious lecture halls and some laboratories.
Memorial Museum of A.S. Popov, the inventor of radio and the first elected director of ETU, is also located on-campus. It includes professor's memorial museum-laboratory and his memorial flat. There is a cozy garden in the court yard where students can have a rest between classes.
LETI can offer a wide variety of canteens for students that suit every taste and budget.
Unique architecture of LETI campus, its conveniences and a good location make student life more comfortable and enjoyable.
The campus of St. Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI" consists of 13 buildings located in the historic city center on Aptekarsky Island. The university welcomes its guests with its famous Art Nouveau-style facade, built in 1903.
Thinking of studying with us? Expect to spend between 25 000 and 50 000 RUB per month on living expenses. This includes rent but not tuition fees.
Costs are roughly as follows:
- One visa extension: 1600 RUB a year/semester
- Insurance: 5500 RUB per year
- dormitory – about 2500 RUB a month
- rented apartment – about 25 000 RUB a month
- Living expenses:
- groceries: 10 000 - 15 000 RUB per month
- social life: 2000 - 5000 RUB per month
- Public transport: about 1500 RUB per month
The Russian ruble (RUB/₽) is the currency of the Russian Federation. 1 ruble is 100 kopeks. Coins in circulation are 1, 5, 10 and 50 kopeks, as well as 1, 2, 5 and 10 rubles. Banknotes in circulation are 10, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 and 5000 rubles.
Admission. Step by step
- Every year, our master’s program accepts up to 20 students from Russia and worldwide by both fee-based and scholarships (refer to Open Doors and the Russian Government Scholarships). In addition, waivers are offered by a contest based on achievements.
- Application is open around the year.
- Term of enrollment: Fall term (1st of September).
- English proficiency level is intermediate or higher.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for our program if they have completed their bachelor’s degree or enrolled in the final semester of a bachelor’s program in Science or Engineering such as Bioengineering, Mechanical and Electrical engineering, or any equivalent.
- Recommendation letters are welcomed but not required.
- The first application stage is conducted online through the admission office (contact information is mentioned below). The second stage includes an interview with the program coordinator.
- Copy of the diploma and transcript of records
- Copy of national passport (valid for more than 18 months from the estimated date of arrival)
- Copies of notarized translations into Russian of the passport, diploma and transcript of records
- 6 photos 3x4
- Medical certificates of overall health and HIV tests results
For Master’s Degree programs:
Certificate of English proficiency (for non-native English speakers only) NB! Send documents via firstname.lastname@example.org
For PhD candidates:
- motivation letter
- research topic description
- a list of achievements
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copy of the diploma
and transcript of records
Copy of national
Copies of notarized
translations into Russian
of the passport, diploma
and transcript of records
6 photos 3x4
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|
|VK Facebook Instagram|