Radio Engineering is a subset of electrical engineering that deals with electromagnetic radiation, radio waves, broadcasting, locating and navigation, television, etc. ETU “LETI” uses its unique previous experience in preparing specialists (engineers). Despite the transfer to two-cycle degree system, the University kept the fundamental essence of its professional education, focusing on practical studies. Professional skills of graduates in the Radio Engineering Masters program include developing radio devices and all kinds of complexes.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Period of study||2 years|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Radio Engineering|
The following programs in Radio Engineering (11.04.01) are available:
- Objects and Media Location (Department of Radio Engineering Systems);
- Radio Navigation Systems (Department of Radio Engineering Systems);
- Microwave, Optical and Digital Telecommunication Methods (Department of Theoretical Fundamentals of Radio Engineering);
- Infocommunication Technology of Spatial Data Analysis and Processing (Department of Television and Radio Engineering).
- The program is focused on theory and technical details of using electromagnetic radiation and waves through modules like "Radiotechnical Circuits and Signals", "Electrical Dynamics and Radiowave Circulation", "Antennae and Microwave Devices";
- The labs for the "Microwave, Optical and Digital Telecommunication Methods" program are equipped with radio measuring microwave devices, antennae, cellular system elements;
- The "Objects and Media Location" program provides the means to study design of digital and micro processing devices, and statistics analysis methods for radio technical systems of different application.
Modern educational technologies are widely used in the educational process such as computer-testing, video conferences, interactive protection of laboratory and coursework.
All the course projects, practical classes and individual assignments provided by the educational program are carried out by students in modern labs and classes, including videomaking complex and microwave devices.
Educational methods include different kinds of projects, including creative ones.For example, Television and Video Engineering Department requires that the students possess such skills as multiplication, editing for their final project – video making.
International internships and training
The best students are given the opportunity participate in a double degree program abroad, in particular, within the framework of joint educational programs.
The main partner universities of the School of Electronics are listed below:
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland);
- University of Oulu (Finland);
- University of Aalto (Finland).
Also the main international partners of the Department of Physical Electronics and Technology are the following universities and research centers:
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT, Uusimaa (Finland);
- Maxisat-yhtiöt Oy, Uusimaa (Finland);
- Kouvola Innovation Ltd, Kymenlaakso (Finland).
Your future career
Graduates of this master’s degree program are in demand in prestigious Russian and international R&D companies. These companies specialize in the fields of: microwave and optical electronics, nanoelectronics, microwave and information technologies; in companies engaged in the development, production and operation of solar modules, laser systems, spectral equipment, laser and lighting equipment, as well as using laser process units in the production process.
In addition, during the studies, the best students have a unique opportunity to work at the department as a laboratory assistant in their free time.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197022, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|