Efficient Electric Power Industry
Gain in-depth industry expertise and become a sought-after professional able to apply modern research methods and ensure that energy resources are used efficiently by electric power enterprises and end users.
Preferences for students
- Our university can offer you grant on a competitive basis, which partially covers the tuition fee (from 1 semester).
- You can also receive travel grant on a competitive basis for participation in the academic mobility program, covering the full or part of the cost of tickets to get to your destination.
- Masters of English-language programs also have access to short-term courses that improve their qualifications under preferential terms.
- Learn about modern electrical engineering equipment that allows to produce more with less energy consumption
- Learn how to model electrical network processes for optimizing its modes
- Learn about energy audit which is a good tool for managing your own energy consumption
Program graduates build successful careers at leading world electric power enterprises. They manage projects, develop and use high-frequency electrical equipment and electromagnetic technology, power supplies for automatic electrical installations, electric heating and energy audit devices, pulse power equipment, etc.
|Degree Program||13.04.02 Electroenergetics and Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Industrial Automation and Electrical Engineering|
|Program starts||1 September|
|Credit Points||120 ECTS|
|Tuition Fee||131 000 RUB for the 1st semester|
Why students choose ETU "LETI"
ETU “LETI” is a university with deep historical roots that is famous for its fundamental approach to training. It was established in 1886 and became the first university in Europe to specialize in electrical engineering. Each student can reach out and touch history and even join it.
Go down your own personalized learning path, study in small groups of maximum 15 people (except for Computer Science programs), enjoy the support of your tutor and work directly your research supervisor. The university does all of that to help ETU “LETI” students achieve even the boldest dreams.
No matter what program you are enrolled at, you can take part in academic mobility and apply to double degree programs.
The ETU “LETI” campus is located in the center of Saint Petersburg near the Botanical Garden and Karpovka River Embankment. Many interesting sights are within walking distance. The metro station is 10 minutes away from the campus.
Each program invites overseas professors from world top-ranked universities to share experience and knowledge. These lecturers get engaged in the learning process by holding lectures, workshops and cases.
ETU “LETI” is included in the largest university rankings such as THE, QS, Forbes, The Three University Missions, RAEX, Webometrics, etc. It is also among the leaders in the subject rankings that correspond with its priority research areas. The university prides itself to being the best in graduate employment. 90% of all ETU “LETI” graduates are hired before receiving their degrees.
University researchers have several dozen patents registered every year. The university has 3 research institutes, 16 education and research schools and a Technopark. The Technopark is comprised of the Youth Innovation Center and Technopark Business Incubator.
Upon enrolling at ETU “LETI”, students realize that they are not alone. A team of tutors helps international students adapt and answers their questions. Our staff are in contacted with students almost 24/7 and are always ready to help.
The university considers all-round training of its students a top priority. We have 20 sports groups and 11 creative teams with professional educators at their helm for you to join and unlock your talents. You can also participate in competitions. Moreover, the university organizes theme parties, festivals, free city and suburb tours for its international students.
About the program
Electric energy is a similar kind of product as water or fuel and consumers have to control the quantity and quality of energy provided to him. Industrial enterprises now are facing the task of reducing power consumption to increase profits and ensure environment conservation. On the other hand, the quality of power they purchase needs to be controlled. They also need to make sure that power quality in a common network with their equipment does not decrease.
Master’s program Efficient Electric Power Industry is focused on making the power generation technology and processes associated with it more energy efficient. Classes are held at the Electrotechnology and Converter Engineering Department and Robotics and Industrial Automation Department. These departments have been dealing with energy efficiency, taking part in European projects like TEMPUS jointly with universities of Hannover (Germany), Padua (Italy), Riga (Latvia) and others since 1994.
The program has theory and hands-on modules in energetics, electrical engineering and energy management.
- Energy Management
- Modeling of Processes in Power Industry
- Modeling and Synthesis of Nonlinear System Elements
- Mathematical Modeling of Objects and Automatic Control Systems
- Methods and Tools for Mathematical Optimization in Technical Systems
Applied Specialized Courses
- Energy Saving and Quality of Electric Energy in Power Systems
- Power Converters
- Efficient Industrial Installations
- Safety Systems for Technical Control Devices
- Renewable Energy Automation Stations
- Intelligent Control Systems for Renewable Energy Stations
- Robotics System Design
- Information Support in the Electric Power Industry
- Alternative Energy
- Foreign Language (English, German and French)
- Russian as a Foreign Language
- History of Science and Technology in Engineering
- Social Communication in Professional Environment
Program graduates are able to:
- Lay down technical specifications, develop and apply automation tools in electrical installation design
- Select standard electrical and electric power equipment and design your own
- Manage projects for various electrical and electric power equipment
- Manage operational processes in electrical and electric power devices manufacturing
- Develop and implement programs for mastering new products and technology
- Develop and implement automatic and computer-aided electromechanical systems and local electromechanical systems
- Integrate local subsystems into complex computer-aided electromechanical manufacturing systems.
Modes of Instruction lectures, seminars, lab classes and hands-on training
Aside from group study, students do their own research (Master’s thesis) – an internship completed in the course of an entire semester. Each student is given a supervisor who sets tasks and controls that they are completed.
Assessment term theses, pass/fail tests, research workshops and exams
Thesis Defense June
Theory is applied while completing laboratory classes and practical training at the academic and research laboratories below:
- Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Induction Heating Laboratory
- Dielectric Heating Laboratory
A detailed description of the directions of scientific research.
Students can apply for short-term (2-4 weeks) and long-term (6-10 months) internships, including double-degree programs. The key international partners of the department are the following:
- Technische Universität Ilmenau
- Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Fachhochschule Stralsund - University of Applied Science
- Lappeenranta University of Technology
It is intended that the program students take the first year of the English-taught Master’s program at ETU “LETI”. Then, for the second year of study, they enroll at a university above, defend their Master’s thesis in Russia and overseas and receive a double Master’s degree.
Bernard Nacke, Prof. Dr.-Ing., Leibniz Universität Hannover (QS World University Rankings - 401-410, Times Higer Education World University Rankings - 350-400);
Program graduates are sought-after at leading enterprises of Saint Petersburg, Russia and the world. Among them are the following:
- Power Machines
- Kirovsky Zavod
- Leningradsky Metallichesky Zavod
- Schneider Electric
- Eurodrive etc.
Continue your research and build your career with ETU “LETI”. All graduates of the Master’s program can continue their research at a PhD-level program or get hired by the university.
LETI is 130 years old and University campus is almost 110 years old. During its history all lecture halls, research laboratories, conference halls, gym halls, libraries and canteens were built by famous architects.
For example, the oldest building on-campus was built in Art Nouveau style in 1903 by A.N. Vekshinsky as a front facade of the University. There is a library with 1.2 million editions including priceless publications presented to the University by Emperor Alexander III, as well as spacious lecture halls and some laboratories.
Memorial Museum of A.S. Popov, the inventor of radio and the first elected director of ETU, is also located on-campus. It includes professor's memorial museum-laboratory and his memorial flat. There is a cozy garden in the court yard where students can have a rest between classes.
LETI can offer a wide variety of canteens for students that suit every taste and budget.
Unique architecture of LETI campus, its conveniences and a good location make student life more comfortable and enjoyable.
The campus of St. Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI" consists of 13 buildings located in the historic city center on Aptekarsky Island. The university welcomes its guests with its famous Art Nouveau-style facade, built in 1903.
Thinking of studying with us? Expect to spend between 25 000 and 50 000 RUB per month on living expenses. This includes rent but not tuition fees.
Costs are roughly as follows:
- One visa extension: 1600 RUB a year/semester
- Insurance: 5500 RUB per year
- dormitory – about 2500 RUB a month
- rented apartment – about 25 000 RUB a month
- Living expenses:
- groceries: 10 000 - 15 000 RUB per month
- social life: 2000 - 5000 RUB per month
- Public transport: about 1500 RUB per month
The Russian ruble (RUB/₽) is the currency of the Russian Federation. 1 ruble is 100 kopeks. Coins in circulation are 1, 5, 10 and 50 kopeks, as well as 1, 2, 5 and 10 rubles. Banknotes in circulation are 10, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 and 5000 rubles.
Admission. Step by step
- Every year, our master’s program accepts up to 20 students from Russia and worldwide by both fee-based and scholarships (refer to Open Doors and the Russian Government Scholarships). In addition, waivers are offered by a contest based on achievements.
- Application is open around the year.
- Term of enrollment: Fall term (1st of September).
- English proficiency level is intermediate or higher.
- Applicants are eligible to apply for our program if they have completed their bachelor’s degree or enrolled in the final semester of a bachelor’s program in Science or Engineering such as Bioengineering, Mechanical and Electrical engineering, or any equivalent.
- Recommendation letters are welcomed but not required.
- The first application stage is conducted online through the admission office (contact information is mentioned below). The second stage includes an interview with the program coordinator.
- Copy of the diploma and transcript of records
- Copy of national passport (valid for more than 18 months from the estimated date of arrival)
- Copies of notarized translations into Russian of the passport, diploma and transcript of records
- 6 photos 3x4
- Medical certificates of overall health and HIV tests results
For Master’s Degree programs:
Certificate of English proficiency (for non-native English speakers only) NB! Send documents via email@example.com
For PhD candidates:
- motivation letter
- research topic description
- a list of achievements
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
Copy of the diploma
and transcript of records
Copy of national
Copies of notarized
translations into Russian
of the passport, diploma
and transcript of records
6 photos 3x4
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|
|VK Facebook Instagram|