Computer Science and Knowledge Discovery
Go through advanced training, learn to operate modern information and communication technologies (applied software, local and global computer networks) and become a sought-after world-level IT specialist.
Preferences for students
- Our university can offer you grant on a competitive basis, which partially covers the tuition fee (from 1 semester).
- You can also receive travel grant on a competitive basis for participation in the academic mobility program, covering the full or part of the cost of tickets to get to your destination.
- Masters of English-language programs also have access to short-term courses that improve their qualifications under preferential terms.
At the program you will be presented with expert knowledge on the latest trends of artificial intelligence and machine learning. You will develop software testing skills, gain professional expertise in information security, applied and computational mathematics, artificial intelligence (Data Mining), digital signal processing, image processing, parallel and distributed computing and biometric technologies.
|Degree Program||09.04.01 Computer Systems Engineering and Informatics, Faculty of Computer Science and Technology|
|Program starts||1 September|
|Credit Points||120 ECTS|
|Tuition Fees||127 000 RUB for the 1st semester|
|Language||English (students can learn Russian)|
Why students choose ETU "LETI"
ETU “LETI” is a university with deep historical roots that is famous for its fundamental approach to training. It was established in 1886 and became the first university in Europe to specialize in electrical engineering. Each student can reach out and touch history and even join it.
Go down your own personalized learning path, study in small groups of maximum 15 people (except for Computer Science programs), enjoy the support of your tutor and work directly your research supervisor. The university does all of that to help ETU “LETI” students achieve even the boldest dreams.
No matter what program you are enrolled at, you can take part in academic mobility and apply to double degree programs.
The ETU “LETI” campus is located in the center of Saint Petersburg near the Botanical Garden and Karpovka River Embankment. Many interesting sights are within walking distance. The metro station is 10 minutes away from the campus.
Each program invites overseas professors from world top-ranked universities to share experience and knowledge. These lecturers get engaged in the learning process by holding lectures, workshops and cases.
ETU “LETI” is included in the largest university rankings such as THE, QS, Forbes, The Three University Missions, RAEX, Webometrics, etc. It is also among the leaders in the subject rankings that correspond with its priority research areas. The university prides itself to being the best in graduate employment. 90% of all ETU “LETI” graduates are hired before receiving their degrees.
University researchers have several dozen patents registered every year. The university has 3 research institutes, 16 education and research schools and a Technopark. The Technopark is comprised of the Youth Innovation Center and Technopark Business Incubator.
Upon enrolling at ETU “LETI”, students realize that they are not alone. A team of tutors helps international students adapt and answers their questions. Our staff are in contacted with students almost 24/7 and are always ready to help.
The university considers all-round training of its students a top priority. We have 20 sports groups and 11 creative teams with professional educators at their helm for you to join and unlock your talents. You can also participate in competitions. Moreover, the university organizes theme parties, festivals, free city and suburb tours for its international students.
About the program
The Program offers students advanced courses in mathematical modeling, data processing and analysis, as well as software engineering. Curriculums focus on the latest trends in artificial intelligence and machine learning, image and signal processing, parallel and distributed computing, intelligent and embedded systems, image recognition systems and biometric technologies. Students additionally study economics and humanities.
- are able to operate modern information and communication systems (applied software, local and global computer networks) in order to collect, process and analyze various types of data (information)
- possess the skills required for testing software; are able to apply software in their professional field
- have the professional expertise and skills required for reaching software solutions to information security problems in applied and computational mathematics
- have professional expertise in mathematical modeling and data analysis
- have the professional skills to design software, hardware, and distributed systems, to apply computer tools in education
- are especially proficient in artificial intelligence (Data Mining), digital signal processing, parallel and distributed computing and biometric technologies
- have expertise and skills in mathematical modeling, computer simulation and data recognition systems
Data and Signal Processing, Mathematical Methods Module
- Digital Signal Processing
- Biometric Technologies
- Advanced Mathematical Methods
- Algorithmic Mathematics
- Computer Tools in Education
- Data and Visual Analytics
Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science Module
- Machine Learning with Big Data
- Intelligent Systems
- Distributed Systems and Technologies
- Mathematical Modeling of Linear and Non-Linear Systems
Software and Hardware Design Module
- Parallel Computing
- Languages for Hardware Design and Verification
- Mathematical Foundations of Systems Theory
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Algorithm Design and Optimization
- Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
- Parallel Computing Architecture
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Research Methodology
- Russian as a Second Language
- Professional Foreign Language (English, German, French)
- Use modern information technologies for collecting, processing and analyzing data
- Develop and verify software (including information security)
- Mathematical modeling, data analysis methods and artificial intelligence
- Use data mining and knowledge discovery methods
- Develop digital signal processing, digital image processing and image recognition algorithms
- Apply microprocessor system design methods
Thesis Defense May/June
Modes of Instruction lectures, practical sessions, seminars.
Assessment Methods term theses, pass/fail tests and exams.
Master’s level research includes:
- Image recognition, biometrics, image processing and analysis
- Intelligent data analysis, knowledge discovery
- Data and signal processing with data mining algorithms
- Digital signal processing and applications
- Software engineering and distributed systems
- Information security
While studying at the Master’s program, students gave access to the high-performance computing cluster in a cloud environment, with modern software and hardware systems.
Master’s students can also take internships at partner enterprises of the Master’s program. The Computer Science and Knowledge Discovery Program collaborates with the following companies:
- Engineering Research Center of Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University “LETI”
- Speech Technology Center
- Motorola Solutions
- RAS Saint Petersburg Institute of Informatics and Automation
- RAS Steklov Mathematical Institute
- Concern Oceanpribor
Students can apply to various internship programs.
The faculty cooperates with partner universities in Germany, Italy, Finland, USA, Bulgaria and the Czech Republic.
- Technische Hochschule Deggendorf
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Technische Universität Ilmenau
- Sapienza Universita di Roma
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Technical University Liberec
- Lappeenranta University of Technology
- Aalto University
- Technical University of Sofia
Mikhail S. Kupriyanov
Dmitry I. Kaplun
Kirill V. Krinkin
Alexander H. Mursaev
Evgeny G. Vorobjev
Nadegda L. Shegoleva
Yury S. Tatarinov
Ilya A. Posov
Elena B. Solovjeva
Evgenia S. Novikova
Aleksandr A. Volosiuk
Sergey N. Pozdnyakov
Olga I. Bureneva
Alexey V. Stepanov
Sergey A. Belyaev
Denis N. Butusov
Yana A. Bekeneva
Anton S. Chukhnov
Alexey A. Paznikov
Evgeniy V. Filippov
Elena Y. Belova
Ivan I. Kholod
Sergey G. Ivanov
Natalya V. Razmochaeva
Program graduates build successful careers in various fields. Among others, in software development companies, research institutes and centers, information security and support centers, data analysis companies, digital signal and image processing labs. Graduates find successful employment at international companies such as Motorola Solutions, IBM, Luxoft, Siemens, EPAM, etc.
Continue your research and build your career with ETU “LETI”! Master’s program graduates can continue their study at the Post-Graduate level.
LETI is 130 years old and University campus is almost 110 years old. During its history all lecture halls, research laboratories, conference halls, gym halls, libraries and canteens were built by famous architects.
For example, the oldest building on-campus was built in Art Nouveau style in 1903 by A.N. Vekshinsky as a front facade of the University. There is a library with 1.2 million editions including priceless publications presented to the University by Emperor Alexander III, as well as spacious lecture halls and some laboratories.
Memorial Museum of A.S. Popov, the inventor of radio and the first elected director of ETU, is also located on-campus. It includes professor's memorial museum-laboratory and his memorial flat. There is a cozy garden in the court yard where students can have a rest between classes.
LETI can offer a wide variety of canteens for students that suit every taste and budget.
Unique architecture of LETI campus, its conveniences and a good location make student life more comfortable and enjoyable.
The campus of St. Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI" consists of 13 buildings located in the historic city center on Aptekarsky Island. The university welcomes its guests with its famous Art Nouveau-style facade, built in 1903.
Thinking of studying with us? Expect to spend between 25 000 and 50 000 RUB per month on living expenses. This includes rent but not tuition fees.
Costs are roughly as follows:
- One visa extension: 1600 RUB a year/semester
- Insurance: one-time payment of 4500 RUB
- dormitory – about 1600 RUB a month
- rented apartment – about 25 000 RUB a month
- Living expenses:
- groceries: 10 000 - 15 000 RUB per month
- social life: 2000 - 5000 RUB per month
- Public transport: about 3100 RUB per month
The Russian ruble (RUB/₽) is the currency of the Russian Federation. 1 ruble is 100 kopeks. Coins in circulation are 1, 5, 10 and 50 kopeks, as well as 1, 2, 5 and 10 rubles. Banknotes in circulation are 10, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 and 5000 rubles.
For English-taught master’s degree
Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an engineering-related field
Application. Step by step.
- Choose the program
- Check the required documents and deadlines
- Fill in an Application Form: priem.etu.ru
- Send the scanned copies of the documents via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for the confirmation letter
Choose the program
Check the required
documents and deadlines
Fill in an Application Form:
Send the scanned copies
of the documents via
Wait for the
- Copy of the diploma and transcript of records
- Copy of national passport (valid for more than 18 months from the estimated date of arrival)
- Copies of notarized translations into Russian of the passport, diploma and transcript of records
- 6 photos 3x4
- Medical certificates of overall health and HIV tests results
For Master’s Degree programs:
Certificate of English proficiency (for non-native English speakers only) NB! Send documents via email@example.com
For PhD candidates:
- motivation letter
- research topic description
- a list of achievements
Copy of the diploma
and transcript of records
Copy of national
Copies of notarized
translations into Russian
of the passport, diploma
and transcript of records
6 photos 3x4
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197022, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|