Bioengineering Systems and Technologies
The program is aimed at training specialists in the field of medical rehabilitation technologies for disabled people, computer-aided design tools for technical devices of rehabilitation, methods for biomedical information processing and analyzing. Skills in the development and maintenance of biotechnical information and measurement systems for the disabled people rehabilitation and in software and hardware for medical rehabilitation are acquired by the program graduates.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Period of study||2 years|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Information Measurement and Biotechnical Systems|
Within the framework of the direction 12.04.04 Bioengineering Systems and Technologies the following programs are presented:
- Bioengineering Systems and Technologies for Prosthetics and Rehabilitation (Department of Biotechnical Systems);
- Information Systems in Rehabilitation (Department of Biotechnical Systems);
- Bioengineering Systems and Technologies for Environmental Protection (Department of Engineering & Environmental Protection);
- Biocompatible Materials (Department of Physical Chemistry).
- Focused research of the medical rehabilitation technology, overview of the objects of prosthetics and rehabilitation, assistive technology development, and development of the information-measuring systems for rehabilitation analysis;
- The program focuses on forming professional competence in the usage of modern information and computer technologies for diagnostics, control, and monitoring health status in hospitals. Students acquire skills of developing and maintaining databases; skills in using application packages for biomedical info analysis; skills in developing decision support systems for doctors using high-level programming language.
- Preparing students for using special technology for environmental control and protection:
- Being able to prognose the outcomes of environmental pollution as a result of poor natural resource management;
- Being able to choose and provide a scientific basis for optimal biotechnical methods of environmental protection;
- Being able to specify the requirements for the ecology-focused tech-in-making considering specifics of the environment and its monitoring results.
- The program also focuses on forming professional competences in utilizing modern advances in biophysics, biomechanics, electronics, and information and computer technology for lost organs and/or systems of human body.
Technical equipment of the course
Specially equipped scientific labs:
- Biomechanical research of human musculoskeletal system;
- Medical systems and complexes;
- Computer modelling of biological and biotechnical systems (vusial programming and display lab).
All labs are equipped with modern tech and instruments;
International internships and training
The best students are given the opportunity to get enrolled in a double-degree program abroad and, in particular, within the framework of joint educational programs. Students, renowned by the University, have a possibility to study at:
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences (Helsinki);
- Salford University (Manchester, UK);
- Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology, Karolinska Institute (Sweden);
- Institute for Radiological Protection and Nuclear Safety (France);
- Institute for Transuranium Elements (Germany);
- Polytechnic University in Gdansk (Poland).
Your future career
Graduates are welcome in modern hospitals, research centres and clinics as specialists on vital biomedical technology.
Those who want to continue their education or proceed as teachers and scholars are always welcome at the department of physical chemistry.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197022, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|