Applied Mathematics and Informatics
The program offers modern worldwide standards in software development (IEEE SWEBOK etc.). Our students are proficient in mathematics, programming, IT, Computer systems and networks.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Period of study||2 years|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Computer Science and Technology|
The following programs in Applied Mathematics and Informatics (01.04.02) are available:
- Software Engineering for Computers (Department of Software Engineering and Computer Applications)
- System Analysis, Simulation and Optimizing;
- Language Processor Development;
- Time Series and Data Processing Methods;
- Object-oriented Tech of Software Development;
- Stochastic Processes Statistics;
- Continuous Mathematical Models;
- 3D graphics;
- Multithreading and Distributed Programming;
- AI System and Knowledge Representation.
Student can assemble their programs by themselves by choosing the desired modules. Some of the elective modules are listed below:
- Experimental Design Technique and Risk Theory;
- Parallel Data Processing Systems;
- Computer Vision Algorithms;
- Automatic Identification Methods;
- Mathematical Models in Economics.
Graduates of the program are able to
- Research simulation, information and mathematical models for complex scientific and tech systems and processes;
- Research computer systems, data processing methods, administration tools and computer safety networks’ control methods;
- Design and develop cutting-edge software for computer systems;
- Use programming languages, methods and technology;
- Develop software for computer networks, automated systems, computer systems, OSs and distributed databases;
- Research and development of digital image and computer vision processing, computer graphics and visualization, multimedia and automated design;
- Explore information systems through mathematical forecast and system analysis;
- Use modern computers, computer systems and networks;
- Develop and implement quality control processes, control and quality evaluation methods for the processes of designing and using software systems.
International internships and training
The best students are given the opportunity to get enrolled in a double-degree program abroad and, in particular, within the framework of joint educational programs.
The main partner universities of the School of Electronics are stated below:
- Dresden University of Technology (Germany);
- University of Wuppertal (Germany);
- University of Munich (Germany);
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland);
- University of Oulu (Finland);
- University of Aalto (Finland).
Your future career
Graduates find employment as:
- Mathematician engineers;
- Computer methods, models and algorithms developers;
- Software engineers;
- Data Scientists;
- Database administrators;
- Software architects;
- Programmer analysts;
- System administrators.
You have an opportunity to work with:
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|