The program is aimed at training highly qualified professional who know and are able to utilize modern models of quality management systems, methods of their research, development, implementation, use and continuous improvement based on international and Russian standards.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Full-time, contract – 25 places|
|Period of study||2 years|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Economics and Management|
Professional activity of program graduates is focused on the following: quality management systems and their organizational structures, methods, processes and resources, methods for their research, design, debugging, operation, auditing and certification in various fields of activity, as well as their development, research, implementation and support in organizations of all types of activities and with all forms of ownership of quality management systems covering all organizational processes that involve continuous improvement in the quality of all its employees and aimed at achieving long-term success and stability of the organization.
ETU is the only Russian university that is a member of the European Master's Program in Quality Management (EMP TQM). The curriculum of the Quality Management program corresponds to the curricula of similar programs at EU universities, which allows students to take internships at universities in Europe and the United States.
Modern innovative teaching technologies that develop leadership, teamwork, interpersonal communication skills, as well of the ability to make decisions under risk conditions and uncertainty are utilized to ensure a high level of training. Information technology (business games, conferences, etc.) is widely implemented in computer classes with access to the Internet.
To engage Master’s students in actual practical work on the subject, a significant part of the classes is conducted at the branch of the Management and Quality Systems Department of the Russian Register Certification Association, the leading organization in the field of certification of management systems for their compliance with international standards.
As a result of training at the Quality Management program graduate acquire the following competencies:
They possess an ability:
To improve their intellect and general level of personal development;
- To self-study new methods of research, to change the scientific and scientific-production profile of their professional activities;
- To use Russian and foreign languages as a means of business communication without reservation;
- To use skills and abilities for the organization of research and design work, team management;
- To take the lead, including in high-risk situations, to assume full responsibility;
- To acquire new skills and knowledge independently, using information technology and to apply it in practice, including in new areas of knowledge that are not directly related to the scope of activity;
- To utilize modern equipment and instruments on the professional level (in accordance with the objectives of the master's program);
- To monitor and utilize methods for assessing progress in quality improvement;
- To identify basic processes and participate in the development of their working models;
- To carry out corrective and preventive measures aimed at improving the quality;
- To predict the dynamics and trends of the object, process, tasks, issues, their systems, to use formalized models, methods for this purpose;
- To participate in issuing forward-looking policies for organization development, to introduce systems for its implementation on the basis of the concept of universal quality management;
- To plan and organize work of the team, make decisions in presence of opposing opinions;
- To develop plans for R&D work, manage is execution;
- To carry out specification of a research task, devise a plan for its implementation;;
- To select an existing or develop new research methods;
- To develop recommendations on the practical use of the results of research;
- To set goals for draft problem-solving, as well as to devise the criteria and indicators that the goals are achieved, to build their interrelationship structures;
- To develop and implement normative and technical documentation on quality assurance system establishment and monitoring its efficiency.
Your future career
Objects of quality management are organizations of
- Medical, education organizations and organizations with all forms of ownership;
- Technological, production and business processes covering all stages of the product life cycle.
Graduates of the Quality Management Master’s :
- Production-technology activities in relation to these facilities.
Program gradustes successfully work in managerial positions at various business structures, teach at universities, and are engaged in scientific research at the graduate school level.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|