Electronics and Nanoelectronics
The backbone of the program lies in study of natural sciences aimed at developing the creative abilities of students, therefore there is a Nobel laureate among the graduates of the faculty, as well as many scientists, engineers, successful businessmen, poets and musicians. Training is conducted on high-tech equipment, using modern information technology. Practice in leading Russian and international companies and enterprises in St. Petersburg.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Full-time, contract – 70 places|
|Period of study||2 years|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Electronics|
The following programs in Electronics and Nanoelectronics (11.04.04) are available:
- Microwave and Telecommunication Electronics (Department of Radio Engineering Electronics);
- Electronic Instruments and Devices (Department of Electronic Instruments and Devices);
- Physical Electronics (Department of Physical Electronics and Technology);
- Radioophotonics (Department of Physical Electronics and Technology);
- Nanoelectronics and Photonics (Department of Micro- and Nanoelectronics);
- Micro- and Nanoelectronic Systems (Department of Micro- and Nanoelectronics);
- Semiconductor Optoelectronics (Basic Department of Optoelectronics);
- Quantum and Optical Electronics (Department of Quantum Electronics and Optoelectronic Devices);
- Solar Heterostructural Photoenergetics (Department of Quantum Electronics and Optoelectronic Devices).
Modern educational technologies are widely used in the educational process such as computer testing, videoconferences, interactive defense of laboratory works and course projects.
All the course projects, practical classes and individual assignments provided by the educational program are carried out by students at a modern computer classes where modern original authorized and licensed software packages designed in Russia and overseas.
There are several educational and research laboratories for students, where bachelor's and master's classes are held, research works and experimental studies are conducted, which is the basis for preparation of bachelor's, master's, master's and doctoral theses. The following research laboratories are present at the faculty:
- Microwave and Telecommunication Electronics;
- Spin-wave Electronics;
- Thin Film Technology;
- Physics and Technology of Oxide Film Heterostructures;
- Plasma Instruments and Devices;
- X-ray Diagnostics and Industrial X-ray;
- Quantum Instruments and Devices;
- X-ray Spectral Analysis;
- Microprocessors in Electronic Devices;
- Vacuum and Plasma Technologies;
- Analogue and Digital Circuitry;
- Electronic Devices for Transmitting and Displaying Information.
International internships and training
The best students are given the opportunity to get enrolled in a double-degree program abroad and, in particular, within the framework of joint educational programs.
The main partner universities of the School of Electronics are stated below:
- Dresden University of Technology(Germany);
- Leibniz University Hannover (Germany);
- University of Kaiserslautern (Germany);
- University of Wuppertal (Germany);
- University of Munich (Germany);
- Berlin University of Technology (Germany);
- Jülich Research Center (Germany);
- Innolume (Germany);
- Ferdinand Brown Institute (Berlin, Germany);
- University of Cambridge (UK);
- University of St. Andrews (UK);
- University of Birmingham (UK);
- University of Glasgow (UK);
- University of Dundee (Scotland);
- Technical University of Lisbon (Portugal);
- University of South Carolina (USA);
- Texas Tech University (USA);
- University of Colorado (USA);
- University of Troyes (France);
- Ben Gurion University (Israel);
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland);
- University of Oulu (Finland);
- Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden).
Also the main international partners of the Department of Physical Electronics and Technology are the following universities and research centers:
- Colorado State University (USA);
- Oakland University (USA);
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (USA);
- Kaiserslautern University (Germany);
- Darmstadt University of Technology (Germany);
- Muenster University (Germany);
- Queens University of Belfast (UK);
- Samsung Electronics (Korea);
- Imperial College London (UK);
- LG Electronics (Korea);
- Rohde & Schwarz (Germany).
Your future career
Graduates of this master’s degree program are in demand at prestigious Russian and international R&D companies and firms that specialize in the fields of: microwave and optical electronics, nanoelectronics, microwave and information technologies; in companies engaged in the development, production and operation of solar modules, laser systems, spectral equipment, laser and lighting equipment, as well as using laser process units in the production process.
Also, during the studies, the best students have a unique opportunity to work at the department as a laboratory assistant in their free time.
Graduates of the department are employed at leading international and Russian companies:
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS;
- LG ELECTRONICS;
- Hon Hai Precision Industry (Foxconn);
- HEVEL Solar;
- OAO Gazprom, etc.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|