R&D Design and Technology Institute of Bioengineering Systems
The great scientist Vladimir Akhutin, founder of the theory of bioengineering systems, established R&D Design and Technology Institute of Bioengineering Systems.
In 1963, Vladimir Akhutin established and headed the first Russian research laboratory of biomedical cybernetics. In 1969, it was transformed into the Special Design Bureau of Biological and Medical Cybernetics, and then into R&D Design and Technology Institute of Bioengineering Systems, which he headed until 2004.
Since 2004, the well-known expert in the field of bioengineering systems Valentin Shapovalov, Dr.Sc., Laureate of the State Prize of the USSR Council of Ministers, became the director of the institute on the recommendation of Akhutin.
In 2017, Sergey Dudnikov, Ph.D. replaced Valentin Shapovalov at this post.
The administration of the institute has always paid great attention to cooperation with the Department of Bioengineering Systems of ETU "LETI" in training specialists in new technology areas.
Today the institute is one of the leading research centers of Russia in creating bioengineering systems for various purposes.
The institute performed hundreds of government R&D projects. These engineering systems have repeatedly won top honors and diplomas at international exhibitions.
Main research areas
Development, implementation, and maintenance of automated systems for screening diagnostics (for children, adults, early diabetes risk detection, screening pregnant women for the risk of having children with Down syndrome, etc.);
- Development and maintenance of systems for assessing and monitoring the astronauts' condition during training;
- Development of marine bioengineering systems;
- Development of information systems for medical research institutions;
- Wireless sensorics and security systems based on it.
- Automated system for early detection of deviations in the health of children from 3 to 15 years old on 25 pathology profiles with the development of a conclusion about the state of health and recommendations for further examination. The collective of the institute employees was awarded the State Prize of the USSR Council of Ministers for a series of works in this area in 1991. There is a modification for the examination of adolescents from 12.5 to 18.5 years. The system passed state tests and confirmed high medical efficiency (more than 92%) in all profiles of pediatric pathology. Since 1991, the system has been introduced (more than 2500 complexes) in hundreds of Russian cities and more than 5 million children are examined every year.
- Unique systems of automatic control and management of the human state in extreme conditions of deep-sea long-term diving, preparation and implementation of the exit of cosmonauts into free space;
- Diagnostic systems for intensive care;
- bioengineering complexes for long-term storage of isolated functioning organs. These automated bioengineering complexes have no analogs in Russia and abroad.