System Analysis and Control
Specialists acquire knowledge and skills in the field of analysis, development, design, research and implementation of modern complex systems and technologies, intelligent control systems.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Period of study||4 years + 2 years under Master's degree program|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Computer Science and Technology|
|Passing score||Mathematics – 55, Russian language – 50, Physics – 45|
System analyst is a specialist who deals with information, organizational, technical and management tasks. He finds out “why something is not fine”, explains “what should be done and how it should be done”, shows “what should come out of it” and ”what should be done with it later”.
The field of professional activity of a system analyst includes dealing with a complex of systems, tools and methods aimed at modeling, analyzing, synthesizing, producing and operating multi-purpose systems, devices and instruments. This allows us to increase design efficiency as well as efficiency and convenience of complex object control.
A system analyst deals with complex information, organizational and technical man-machine systems and technologies, as well as objects that require system analysis management approach.
- Training is provided across several areas of science and technology and as a result students obtain multidisciplinary education;
- Students take part in innovative developments at the school;
- Students have an opportunity to communicate with senior colleagues and attend seminars held by top experts of the country in the field of "Ergonomics", as well as to participate in various conferences and symposiums;
- Opportunities for realizing students’ potential are unlimited. They can participate in design and expertise projects carried out by partner organizations of the department;
- Students can take internships in leading Russian and international companies. Internships in companies based in St. Petersburg are available as well.
- Introduction to Ergonomics;
- Measurements in Ergonomics;
- Fundamentals of Physiology and Hygiene of Labour;
- Ergonomic Anthropometry and Biomechanics;
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry and Biology;
- Knowledge Engineering and Databases;
- Basics of Computer Design;
- Modeling of Processes and Systems;
- Reliability, Efficiency and Quality of Systems and Technologies;
- Basics of Logistics;
- Basics of Video Presentations of Systems, Products, Items and Services;
- Fundamentals of Innovative Management;
- Optimization and Decision-making;
- Modern Training Technologies;
- Design and Management in Organizational Systems;
- Information Display Systems.
Students have access to:
- Rooms equipped with everything needed for the training process;
- Specialized computer classes;
- Multimedia equipment;
- Specialized laboratories with modern equipment at enterprises;
- Cafes, canteens, ATMs, payment terminals in campus.
Your future career
Graduates of the "System Analysis and Control" Bachelor’s level program can find employment as:
Managers are needed:
- to organize team work;
- to determine procedures for management decision making;
- to organize specialist interaction, predict, resolve and prevent possible conflicts within the team;
- to manage projects;
- to ensure restructuring of organizational and technological complexes.
Designers and analysts
Designers and analysts are needed:
- to ensure design and testing of information and technical systems, technologies and industrial products;
- to analyze and formalize tasks;
- to draw up requirements for the components of information, technical and organizational systems;
- to plan working premises and layout of workplaces;
- to develop characteristics of indication and control means;
- to design and reengineer user interfaces;
- to provide normative living conditions;
- to develop information support and software for research and design;
- to evaluate quality indicators of systems and technologies;
- to develop methods and tools for training and adjusting personnel.
Operators are needed:
- to identify procedures and means of troubleshooting;
- to identify the causes of erroneous actions or insufficient performance quality;
- to carry out ergonomic evaluation;
- to develop measures for vocational guidance and professional selection;
- to control and maintain high working capacity of personnel;
- to provide living conditions.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197022, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|