Training provided to students reflects evolution of programming from craft to a branch of science and industry based on three conventional concepts - techniques, tools and technologies.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Period of study||4 years + 2 years under Master's degree program|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Computer Science and Technology|
|Passing score||Mathematics – 55, Russian language – 50, Physics – 45|
- Students can take part in innovative research and development held by the Departments and the Faculty;
- Students can take international internships (Finland, Germany);
- Students can apply to Master’s programs;
- Students have wide opportunities to fulfill their potential;
- Students can work in modern research laboratories and the Resource Center.
Competences acquired upon completion of the program
- Construct models of software projects and products using computer simulation tools;
- Collect and analyze customer requirements to software products, assist the customer in evaluating and selecting particular software;
- Design software components (coding, debugging, modular and integration testing);
- Perform code measurement and refactoring according to a plan;
- Develop test environment and create test scenarios, apply automated design tools and tools for development, testing and maintenance of software;
- Master and apply tools and techniques for managing engineering activities and software life;
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure quality of software products;
- Develop training methods for technical staff; create manuals for software; support, train and evaluate software users;
- Arrange and coordinate software setting, put software into operation (installing, configuring, adapting, administering);
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance of operating software.
- Software systems development;
- Computer graphics;
- Service-oriented architecture;
- Open source laboratory;
- Intelligent data processing techniques for complex data in distributed systems;
- Computer techniques of speech recognition;
- Experiment planning techniques, risk theory, financial and actuarial mathematics, applied informatics.
Classes have modern computer equipment with technical support.
Professors and students of Computer Science and Technology also take part in Microsoft DreamSpark program, using Microsoft software products for training.
Your future career
- Software engineer;
- Engineer-designer of software systems;
- Specialist in software testing;
- Specialist in the development of software and information systems;
- Specialist in software engineering;
- Specialist in project management;
- Specialist in systems administration;
- Systems architect;
- Systems programmer;
- Systems Analyst.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|