The program is aimed at training specialists who are able to develop and design devices and systems for various fields: information measurement, navigation, lasers, acoustics and so on.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Full-time, contract – 25 places|
|Period of study||4 years + 2 years under Master's degree program|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Information Measurement and Biotechnical Systems|
|Passing score||Mathematics – 50, Russian language – 50, Physics – 50|
- Training is provided across several areas of science and technology. Consequently students receive a multidisciplinary education;
- Training is conducted on high tech equipment, the most advanced technologies are used;
- Students can take internships in leading Russian and international companies. Internships in St. Petersburg based companies are available as well.
The main subjects
- Information Measuring Systems and Interfaces;
- Intelligent Information and Measuring Tools;
- Operating System;
- Architecture of Distributed Computer Systems;
- Analysis of Information Processes;
- System Analysis;
- Mathematical Modeling;
- Computational Experiment;
- Basics of Quantum Devices;
- Mathematical Models of Navigation Devices;
- Oscillations and Waves;
- Methods and Devices of Environmental Control;
- Supervision and Control in the Field of Security;
- Basics of Impact of Physical Fields on Biological Objects.
- Information-measuring Systems and Technologies
- Laser Measurement and Navigation Systems
- Electroacoustics and Ultrasonic Technology
- Environmenral Engineering
- Classrooms with modern equipment and multimediatraining tools are available for students;
- Laboratories equipped with laser systems, optical adaptive system, Fizeau interferometer, laser and fiber optic gyroscopes, liquid crystal cells; high-precision systems for setting angular displacements are also available;
- Students also have the access to laboratories equipped with laser fiber-optic and micromechanical gyroscopes; test stands for the study of navigation systems and their sensitive elements; stabilized platforms, satellite navigation systems, micromechanical accelerometers and AD gyroscopes, gyrocompasses and gyrovertics;
- Laboratories of electro-acoustic and acoustic measurements, non-destructive monitoring and diagnostics, physical control methods, hydro-acoustics, acoustoelectronics, electronics and microprocessor technology, and training and research laboratory for acoustic research, monitoring and diagnostics are at student’s disposal;
- One of the laboratories is equipped with microprocessor equipment: microprocessor laboratory stands;
- Also there is a laboratory of measuring and computing systems, equipped with modern measuring instruments and sets of programmable logic controllers;
- The laboratory of Geoinformation Systems (GIS) has modern programming systems;
- There are cafes, canteens, ATMs, payment terminals on campus.
International internships and training
Bachelors, masters and postgraduate students of the department take part in internships and academic mobility programs that are implemented jointly with international partners.
Students take part in internships at the Physico-Technical Office of Germany (Braunschweig), in Munich, Stuttgart and Braunschweig Universities, at Daimler-Benz company, at the Fundamental Geophysical Station (Wettzel, Germany).
The best final year students have the opportunity to participate in the double degree program at the Lappeenranta University of Technology LUT (Finland).
When a student graduates from the university, he receives certificates and diplomas of the European standard.
Your future career may include work with
- Information-measuring systems and devices for receiving, recording and processing information about technical objects and environment;
- Devices and systems for scientific research;
- Resources of navigation, orientation and stabilization for various purposes from objects of individual application to space systems;
- Laser systems and technologies of various application;
- Devices for quality control and diagnostics;
- Acoustic devices and systems;
- Acoustic methods of material quality control in various fields;
- Geoinformation systems;
- Biotechnical methods and technologies for environmental protection;
- Special technical resources of monitoring and protecting the environment.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|