Electronics and Nanoelectronics
Graduates of the program are researchers and developers proficient in nanotechnology, micro- and nanosystem technology, microwave electronics, optical and quantum electronics, electronic devices and devices for monitoring, control and diagnostics.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Full-time, contract – 20 places|
|Period of study||4 years + 2 years under Master's degree program|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Electronics|
|Passing score||Mathematics – 50, Russian language – 50, Physics – 45|
Graduates of the program are researchers and developers proficient in nanotechnology, micro- and nanosystems; electronics of ultrahigh frequencies; optical and quantum electronics; electronic devices and devices for monitoring, control and diagnostics; ion-plasma processes.
- The program conducts advanced science training and aims for developing student’s creative abilities. Most of our graduates are scientists, engineers, businessmen, some are musicians and poets, - and one of them is a Nobel Prize winner;
- High-tech equipment and modern information technologies to help the training;
- Students can take internships in leading Russian and international companies and St. Petersburg-based enterprises.
The main subjects
- Circuit Design;
- Solid State Physics;
- Materials and Elements of Electronic Engineering;
- Microwave Electronics;
- Solid State Electronics;
- X-ray Technology;
- Theoretical Foundations of Electrical Engineering;
- Methods of Mathematical Physics;
- Quantum and Optical Electronics;
- Vacuum and Plasma Electronics.
After their 2nd year students can choose their major for further studies:
- Electronic Devices;
- Microelectronics and Solid State Electronics;
- Microwave Electronics;
- Nanotechnology in Electronics;
- Physical Electronics;
- Quantum and Optical Electronics.
International internships and training
Every year students take internships in Germany, Great Britain, Finland, France, Switzerland, etc. Certificates and diplomas of European standard are issued as the result of such internships and training programs. Best final-year students have the opportunity to participate in the Double Degree program. The main partner universities are stated below:
Dresden University of Technology (Germany); Leibniz University of Hanover (Germany); University of Kaiserslautern (Germany); University of Wuppertal (Germany); University of Munich (Germany); Berlin University of Technology (Germany); Jülich Research Center (Germany); Cambridge University (Great Britain); University of St. Andrews (UK); University of Birmingham (United Kingdom); University of Glasgow (UK); Lisbon University of Technology (Portugal); University of South Carolina (USA); Texas Tech University (USA); University of Colorado (USA); University of Troyes (France); Ben Gurion University (Israel); Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland); University of Oulu (Finland); Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden).
Your future career
Our graduates work for such leading international and Russian companies as:
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS;
- LG ELECTRONICS;
- Hon Hai Precision Industry (Foxconn);
- HEVEL Solar;
- OAO Gazprom, etc.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|