The program provides training in information security for future specialists. Graduates of the program have basic knowledge and skills to handle a wide range of tasks.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Period of study||5,5 years|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Computer Science and Technology|
|Passing score||Mathematics – 55, Russian language – 50, Informatics - 50|
- After finishing this one-level engineering program students acquire a specialist (integrated) degree;
- Students have access to modern equipment;
- Students can take part in innovative developments of the Faculty;
- Students can take internships in leading Russian companies, as well as enterprises located in Saint Petersburg.
Competences acquired upon completion of the program
- Develop threat models and models of information security breakers for particular informatization items;
- Produce requirements to information security of informatization objects;
- Make a list of safety functions for informatization objects and choose efficient ways and tools to implement them;
- Develop design solutions for information security systems of informatization objects;
- Analyze whether systems in the protected execution are in compliance with information security requirements;
- Provide information security when designing, creating and modernizing Informatization objects;
- Develop drafts of normative and legal acts for an enterprise, institution or organization to regulate information security actions.
The first part of the training program is focused on science and advanced mathematics. It offers students a variety of mathematical disciplines:
- Discrete Mathematics;
- Mathematical Logic and Theory of Algorithms;
- Optimization Techniques;
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics;
- Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science;
- Mathematical Foundations of Information Security.
Professional part of the training program includes following subjects:
- Algorithms and Data Structures;
- Object-oriented Programming;
- Software Engineering Technologies;
- Operating Systems;
- Database Technologies;
- Infocommunication Systems and Networks.
Professional part of the training program is complemented with a wide range of disciplines:
- Number-theoretic Methods in Cryptography;
- Cryptographic Methods of Information Protection;
- Cryptographic Protocols;
- Security Models of Computer Systems;
- Methods of Security Breach and Virology;
- Protection of Computer Networks and Telecommunications;
- Protection of Operating Systems and Database Management Systems;
- Technical Means and Methods of Information Security;
- Engineering-technical Protection of Informatization Objects;
- Technology of Information Systems Development in Protected Execution;
- Legal Support of Information Security.
Students have access to unique computer classes equipped with personal computers, workstations, servers, telecommunications equipment and special problem-oriented software.
Students have access to:
- The laboratory for ensuring information availability;
- The laboratory for unauthorized access protection;
- The laboratory for computer network protection;
- The laboratory for information attack simulation;
- The laboratory for technical information protection.
Our laboratories are equipped with the following Russian software products:
- ViPNet information security complex;
- Searchin form information security product line;
- XSpider security scanner, MaxPatrol vulnerability scanner;
- AURA information security product;
- Astra Linux OS with data protection functions.
International internships and training
Undergraduate and postgraduate students can participate in academic mobility programs with foreign international universities: Lappeenranta university of technology (Finland), Uppsala university (Sweden), TU Ilmenau (Germany) and SIS (Norway).
Your future career
Graduates’ career is connected with
- Integrated Information Security of Automated Information Systems;
- R&D of Systems and Means of Computer Information Protection;
- Security Auditing of Information Systems.
Graduates can find employment in law enforcement agencies, information security departments of banks, communications and data transmission networks, and business organizations. There is an opportunity to continue education and apply to a postgraduate training program for people who would like to make an academic career.
We pay attention to integration and collaboration with employers and strategic partners in order to ensure high quality of training and competitiveness of graduates.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197022, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|