Bioengineering Systems and Technologies
The program "Bioengineering Systems and Technologies" is aimed at training specialists, who are able to develop and design medical devices and systems, as well as to carry out their maintenance and operation in the wide range of medical institutions.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Full-time, contract – 20 places|
|Period of study||4 years + 2 years under Master's degree program|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Information Measurement and Biotechnical Systems|
|Passing score||Mathematics – 50, Russian language – 50, Physics – 45|
- Students of the program are proficient in several areas of science and technology. They receive lectures on both biological and technical disciplines;
- Training is conducted on high tech equipment, the most advanced technologies are used;
- Students can take internships in leading medical centers and companies of St. Petersburg.
The main subjects
- Medical Instruments, Devices, Systems and Complexes;
- Technical Methods of Diagnosis and Treatment;
- System Analysis;
- Methods for Processing and Analysis Biomedical Signals and Data;
- Modeling of Biological Processes and Systems;
- Computer Technologies in Biomedical Research;
- Systems of Automatic Projecting and Designing of Medical Equipment;
- Software for Processing Biomedical Data;
- Units and Elements of Medical Equipment;
- Fundamentals of Biology and Biochemistry;
- Fundamentals of the Physical Fields Effect on Biological Objects.
- Biotechnical and Medical Apparatus and Systems
- Classrooms with modern equipment and multimedia training tools are available for students;
- The laboratory of microprocessor technology equipped with microprocessor laboratory stands is also available;
- Students also have the access to the laboratory of medical systems and complexes equipped with modern versions of diagnostic and analytical apparatus;
- The laboratory of biomechanical studies of the musculoskeletal system, equipped with modern diagnostic complexes for assessing disorders in the human musculoskeletal system is at student’s disposal;
- Laboratory of computer modeling of biological and bioengineering systems is equipped with specialized software for processing medical data and signals;
- Also in medical centers there are specialized laboratories with modern equipment;
- There are cafes, canteens, ATMs, payment terminals on campus.
International internships and training
Bachelors, masters and postgraduate students of the department take part in internships and academic mobility programs that are implemented jointly with international partners.
Students can take internships at Salford University (Manchester, United Kingdom), Metropolia University of Applied Science (Helsinki, Finland), University of Applied Science (Vienna, Austria), University of Carolina (Stockholm, Sweden), the Institute of technical logistics and working systems, Dresden University of Technology (Germany).
The best final year students have the opportunity to participate in the double degree program at the Lappeenranta University of Technology LUT (Finland).
When a student graduates from the university, he receives certificates and diplomas of the European standard.
Your future career
Graduates of the department work in research, design, production agencies and companies that produce and maintain medical equipment. They work in medical and prophylactic establishments, design and maintain medical information systems, metrology and software of biomedical equipment.
To provide high quality of training and competitiveness of graduates, the school pays a lot of attention to integration and cooperation with employers and strategic partners.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|