Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Successful professional activity in this field is based on the combination of elegance and flexibility of mathematical models, power of modern computer systems, and efficiency of advanced information technologies.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Period of study||4 years + 2 year under Master's degree program|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Computer Science and Technology|
|Passing score||Mathematics - 55, Russian language - 50, Informatics - 50|
The program is focused on training specialists in the area of research, analytics, design, engineering, manufacturing, etc. Job requirements for such positions include knowledge of mathematics, programming, information and communication technologies, computer systems and networks.
- Students can take part in innovative developments held by the Departments and the Faculty;
- Students can take international Internships (Finland, Germany);
- Students can combine a part-time job with studying at the University;
- Students can apply to Master’s programs.
- Procedural and Modular Programming;
- Computer Architecture;
- Operating Systems;
- Architecture of Distributed Computer Systems;
- Specification, Design and Architecture of Software Systems;
- Computer Graphics;
- Development of Applied Software with Graphical Interface;
- Digital Image Processing;
- Basics of Data Storage Technologies;
- Program Verification;
- Basics of Functional Analysis;
- Differential Equations;
- Mathematical Packages;
- Game Theory and Operations Research;
- Statistical Methods of Experimental Data Processing.
The Department of Software Engineering and Computer Applications has computer classes and technical support.
The Department conducts research work in laboratories equipped with:
- Open software and mobile platforms;
- Computer graphics;
- Distributed information processing;
- Computer-based methods of face recognition;
- Intelligent data processing methods with a complex internal structure in distributed systems;
- Methods of experiment planning, risk theory, financial and actuarial mathematics, applied mathematics;
- Digital computing systems of hydroacoustic systems.
Microsoft DreamSpark is available for students of the Department, giving them the opportunity to use Microsoft software products for studying. That is possible because of the part the Department plays in the very program.
Your future career
- Developer of computer models, methods and algorithms;
- Testing specialist;
- Data Scientist;
- Database administrator;
- System architect;
- System programmer;
- System analyst.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|