Electroenergetics and Electrical Engineering
Graduates of the program are in demand in the electric power industry, oil and gas industry and metallurgy, instrumentation, mechanical engineering and other high-tech industries.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Full-time, contract – 16 places|
|Period of study||4 years + 2 years under Master's degree program|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Industrial Automation and Electrical Engineering|
|Passing score||Mathematics - 45, Physics - 45, Russian language - 50|
Training is focused on creation and application of hardware and software tools for managing energy conversion processes and accurate motion in energy, process, metallurgical, paper, mechanical, lifting, transportation and other industrial electrical systems and complexes.
- Students participate in innovative development conducted at the school;
- The department cooperates with Finnish, German, Italian universities;
- Educational and research laboratories are fitted with modern equipment;
- Students have unlimited opportunities to realize their potential.
- Electric Machines;
- Power Electronics;
- Electrical and Electronic Devices;
- Digital and Microprocessor Control Technology;
- Automated Design of Electrical Devices;
- Electric Drive in Modern Technologies;
- Theoretical Foundations of High-frequency Electrical Engineering;
- Industrial Controllers and Software Control Systems.
Upon completion of the program
Graduates are familiar with
- Methods, models and means of mutual conversion of mechanical, electrical, thermal energy, the effect of fields on matter;
- Methods and means of generation and distribution of electricity, power quality management systems;
- Technologies for designing and manufacturing electromechanical and electronic devices;
- Principles and means of construction of electric drive and electrotechnical systems;
- Theory of linear system control;
- Principles of industrial information network construction;
- Paradigms and technologies of programming.
Graduates are able to
- Design electrical products using CAD systems from Autodesk and PTC;
- Design electrical machines and power converters;
- Design programmable microcontrollers, industrial controllers and CNC machine tools;
- Design electric drive and induction heating systems using CAD;
- Design automated control systems using industrial controllers and adjustable electric drives.
- Audiences are equipped with everything necessary for the learning process;
- Educational and research laboratories are equipped with industrial equipment and carrying out educational and research activities;
- Specialized computer classes are available;
- Multimedia equipment is available for students as well;
- Students can participate in the MicrosoftDreamSpark program which allows our students to get free licensed operating environments and software development tools necessary for the learning process;
- There are cafes, canteens, ATMs, a club, gyms in the secure area of the campus.
Graduates of the Electroenergetics and Electrical Engineering program work as software engineers, designers and developers of electrical systems and facilities, service engineers for electric drives and software controls, power engineers, and others.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|