Radio Electronic Information Systems and Complexes
Specialist training is conducted in the field of design and development of modern radar and radio navigation systems, devices and algorithms of digital information processing, microprocessor technology, antenna systems, microwave devices, digital television and video equipment.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Full-time, contract – 5 places|
|Period of study||5,5 years|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Radio Engineering|
|Passing score||Mathematics – 50, Russian language – 50, Physics – 45|
Students are provided with fundamental theoretical training in the field of radio circuits and signals. During training they become acquainted with computer-aided design systems, application packages, programming languages. As a result, graduates of the program are highly competitive in the labor market.
- The program titled as "Radio Electronic Information Systems and Complexes" is especially known for continuity of its education. Fundamental components of training are a basis for the students to accumulate professional knowledge and competencies. Practice-oriented courses of the program allow graduates to achieve significant success in their careers;
- Advanced radio measuring equipment of the world leading companies is used in R&D, at academic and research laboratories. Unique radars, radio navigation and telecommunication technologies, video equipment, signal processors, microwave systems and equipment are present at academic research laboratories;
- Students participate in research and project activities carried out at the departments, as well as at the Research Institute of Radio Engineering and Telecommunications and "Prognoz" Research Institute that are engaged in development and implementation of telecommunications systems, electronic systems of environmental monitoring and forecasting emergencies;
- Five fundamental departments at partner enterprises of the school take part in organization of the educational process, provide students with internships and supervise their Bachelor’s thesis and subsequent employment.
- Radio Engineering Systems
- Theoretical Foundations of Radio Engineering
- Radio-Electronic Means
The main subjects
- Natural Science Disciplines;
- Information Technology;
- Engineering and Computer Graphics;
- Theoretical Basics of Electronics;
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves;
- Mathematical Apparatus of Radio Engineering;
- Fundamentals Metrology and Radio Measurement;
- Theoretical Basics of Radio Engineering and Communications;
- Electronic Circuits and Signals;
- Digital Devices and Microprocessors;
- Devices of Generating and Formation of Signals;
- Technical Electrodynamics;
- Antennas and Radio Wave Propagation;
- Radio Engineering Systems;
- Digital Signal Processing;
- Receiving and Processing of Radio Signals;
- Basics of Design and Production of Electronic Means;
- Television and Image Processing, etc.
- Classrooms are equipped with modern multimedia;
- Computer classes are modern;
- Academic and research laboratories are equipped with modern devices.
International internships and training
Students have an opportunity to take internships at the leading universities of Europe and Asia, to participate in academic mobility programs, to receive a degree of Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland) or Ilmenau University of Technology (Germany) as well as a degree at ETU "LETI".
Certificates and diplomas of European standard are issued as a result of Internships and training programs.
Your future career
Graduates are specialists in design, development and maintenance of advanced electronic systems and systems for:
- Space, land and sea navigation;
- Air, sea and land traffic control;
- Mobile, satellite and cellular communication;
- Data transmission networks and personal telecommunication service;
- Computer systems, data collection and processing.
Their professional activity is connected with the theory of circuits and microwave systems, microwave technology, optical communication systems, functional processors, antenna devices of telecommunication systems, digital information processing, television and image processing, audio and video production technology, acoustics, audio and video recording, multimedia technology and technology of audiovisual programs, video information technology.
To ensure high quality of training and competitiveness of graduates, the Faculty of Radio Engineering pays great attention to integration and cooperation with employers and strategic partners. High-quality training is the key to successful career of graduates at industrial enterprises, research institutes and organizations.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|