Computer Systems Engineering and Informatics
The program is aimed at training specialists in the field of development and application of multi-purpose computational and information systems, and computer-aided design systems.
Information for applicants
|Forms of training
and quantity of places
|Full-time, contract – 35 places|
|Period of study||4 years + 2 years under Master's degree program|
|Graduating faculties||Faculty of Computer Science and Technology|
|Passing score||Mathematics - 45, Russian language - 50, Informatics - 50|
- Students can take part in innovative developments held by the Departments and the Faculty;
- Students can take part in the double degree programs;
- Students can apply to Master’s programs;
- Students have wide opportunities to fulfill their potential.
- Technologies of algorithm design and software development;
- Basics of computer architecture and functions, operating systems, computer networks and databases;
- Methods and tools of computer graphics and information security.
Graduates are able to
- Set a task and develop an algorithm for its solution;
- Develop software-hardware tools in computational and information systems and network structures;
- Develop and support databases.
Graduates are proficient in
- High-level programming styles and languages;
- Operational skills and administration of operating systems;
- Configuring local networks, implementing network protocols using software tools.
- Educational and scientific center of software systems and technologies available for students. The laboratories are equipped with modern computers, instruments and specialized equipment from IBM, NXP, Motorola and Huawei.The corresponding original software for development support is provided as well. The software is based on microcontrollers and signal processors and can be used for mobile devices connected to the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Educational and scientific center of microsystem computer technologies. The laboratories are equipped with Altera and Xilinx training tools, as well as original prototype boards based on programmable logic devices.
- Students also have access to National Instruments technology center responsible for scientific research, organization and performance of training courses for LabVIEW software, virtual instrument technology and hardware of National Instruments, as well as training students for the international Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer certification exam.
- Educational and research center “Computer Technologies of Engineering” provides training for students enrolled in Master’s programs in information system and resource management. The center conducts R&D for high-tech companies. Microsoft DreamSpark is also available for students of the Department, giving them the opportunity to use Microsoft software products for studying.
Your future career
- Information system specialist;
- Programmer (C ++, Java);
- Systems architect;
- System administration specialist;
- IT Manager;
- Solution sales manager and complex technical system manager;
- Information resource specialist;
- Database administrator;
- Digital technology specialist (developer of microprocessor systems and systems-on-a-chip, developer of embedded hardware systems, developer on VHDL / Verilog);
- Software tester;
- Developer of web-applications.
|Mon.-Fri.: 10:00-17:00 (admission 10:00-16:30)|
|197376, Russian Federation, St. Petersburg, Professora Popova str., 5, building 3, 4th floor (room 3418)|
|+7 (812) 234-35-53|