RACE4SCALE FUTURE WORKSHOP
September – October series of workshops has identified opportunities for competence development with new and emerging technologies related to virtual, augmented and mixed reality environments, and cross-border collaboration between the Kymi Valley and the Saint Petersburg region.
International experts and students identified opportunities for competence development and cross-border collaboration within the virtuality continuum in 2030.
- The future of education and competence development is virtual and augmented
- There is no separation between education and work
- There is no need for expensive education facilities or equipment
- Learning to work with new equipment and machines is available to everyone, everywhere
- Virtual collaboration feels as real as working in the physical reality
- Learning a new craft is easier in the virtual world
IN THE WORKSHOPS
- Experts revealed inspiring perspectives of future technologies.
- International teams of Finnish and Russian students made projections of education, science and technologies until 2030.
- Experts and participants determined the pathways for competence development with virtual, augmented and mixed reality. The new competences will be on demand in the automotive ecosystem and not only.