Race4Scale – Development of Automotive and Motorsport Ecosystems
Development of the Multidisciplinary Educational, Business and RDI Opportunities for the Finnish-Russian Automotive and Motorsport Industry Ecosystem.
Teacher Week will be held online on Friday 2nd of September, 2022. The day is scheduled around Eastern European Summer Time (EEST).
The Teacher Week is about the good practices in education. During the day you will be introduced to different cases in the participant organizations. The goal of the day is become inspired and pick up the tips on the best practices in education.
The day will start with EduKo’s presentations:
Tuija Arola, Development Director
David Sims, Dynabook Europe and Petteri Aspelund, Pekava Oy
From this point onward Xamk will introduce following presentations:
Jani Kiviranta, Project Manager and Joel Eronen, Workshop Assistant
Pia M. Jääskeläinen, Lecturer
Arto Sormunen, Principal Lecturer
Join the event on Zoom by clicking here.
The South-Eastern Finland and Saint Petersburg with North-West Russia prioritize the sustainable development of cross-border automotive industry. This is not possible without engineering innovations and proper education for high-skill jobs meeting demands of the future. The Race4Scale project unites universities, researchers and business for the future synergetic automotive and motorsport ecosystem.
- Students and life-long learners oriented on new careers.
- Educators developing courses and programs for multidisciplinary education.
- Industrialists and entrepreneurs building automotive and motorsport business of the future.
LETI learning for future careers: university knowledge and skills for the Kudrovo Technopark School and R&D projects for self-driving cars
- Establish and strengthen the long-term cross-border partnerships of businesses, educational institutions and associations in the automotive and motorsport industry ecosystem.
- Develop exchanges between innovative businesses and university engineering research.
- Increase opportunities for lifelong learning of advanced skills and qualifications.
- Create new cross-border curricula for innovative lifelong learning.
- For students and learners: Insight into the future workforce demands and job opportunities of cross-border automotive and motorsport industry.
- For educators: Benchmarked masters and bachelors programs and professional qualification courses meeting future needs of the cross-border ecosystem.
- For business and industry: Innovative engineering products and solutions developed by the university research teams.
MAIN PROJECT ACTIVITIES
- Cross-border multidisciplinary Innovation camps and Industrial days in Finland and Russia.
- Workshops for Finnish and Russian teachers and managing staff.
- Development of the international educational program.
- Pilot projects within the autologistics, motorsport, business, electronic engineering and social sciences modules.
Participants of the winter school "Innovation and Quality Management in the Automotive Industry 4.0" will get essentials and tools for steering innovative production and organizing quality management.
Experts from five Russian venture capital funds picked the Powerplace project, an intelligent power module for fast-charging stations developed by a team including LETI graduates.
From the 18th to the 21st of May 2021, the Union “Autoprom North-West” held an international educational competition Automotive Innovation Camp (AIC)…
In this series of workshops we aim to identify opportunities for competence development with new and emerging technologies related to virtual, augmented and mixed reality environments, and cross-border collaboration between the Kymi Valley and the Saint Petersburg region…
Young researchers presented their projects and solved transportation-related cases at the Race4Scale Innovation Camp…
Future automotive ecosystem will need innovative professionals: motivated, broad-minded, with good engineering knowledge and skills. These professional qualities can be cultivated from schooltime. Research basics and simple engineering skills at school age can result in great careers later...
Race4Scale program of 2021 will offer the diverse program of events for its target groups. At the time of epidemiological uncertainty, the project will use both offline and online formats.