Race4Scale – Development of Automotive and Motorsport Ecosystems
Development of the Multidisciplinary Educational, Business and RDI Opportunities for the Finnish-Russian Automotive and Motorsport Industry Ecosystem.
Project started in May 2020 and will be completed in October 2022.
The South-Eastern Finland and Saint Petersburg with North-West Russia prioritize the sustainable development of cross-border automotive industry. This is not possible without engineering innovations and proper education for high-skill jobs meeting demands of the future. The Race4Scale project unites universities, researchers and business for the future synergetic automotive and motorsport ecosystem.
- Students and life-long learners oriented on new careers.
- Educators developing courses and programs for multidisciplinary education.
- Industrialists and entrepreneurs building automotive and motorsport business of the future.
LETI learning for future careers: university knowledge and skills for the Kudrovo Technopark School and R&D projects for self-driving cars
- Establish and strengthen the long-term cross-border partnerships of businesses, educational institutions and associations in the automotive and motorsport industry ecosystem.
- Develop exchanges between innovative businesses and university engineering research.
- Increase opportunities for lifelong learning of advanced skills and qualifications.
- Create new cross-border curricula for innovative lifelong learning.
- For students and learners: Insight into the future workforce demands and job opportunities of cross-border automotive and motorsport industry.
- For educators: Benchmarked masters and bachelors programs and professional qualification courses meeting future needs of the cross-border ecosystem.
- For business and industry: Innovative engineering products and solutions developed by the university research teams.
MAIN PROJECT ACTIVITIES
- Cross-border multidisciplinary Innovation camps and Industrial days in Finland and Russia.
- Workshops for Finnish and Russian teachers and managing staff.
- Development of the international educational program.
- Pilot projects within the autologistics, motorsport, business, electronic engineering and social sciences modules.
Future automotive ecosystem will need innovative professionals: motivated, broad-minded, with good engineering knowledge and skills. These professional qualities can be cultivated from schooltime. Research basics and simple engineering skills at school age can result in great careers later...
Race4Scale program of 2021 will offer the diverse program of events for its target groups. At the time of epidemiological uncertainty, the project will use both offline and online formats.