All exchange students attend courses in the frame of these Master’s Degree Programs.
Maximum Period of Exchange: 1 year (2 semesters).
Eligibility: Bachelor level students (last year of study) and Master level students nominated by the International Office of Partner institutions.
CGPA Requirement: A student needs to have a minimum GPA of 4 on a scale of 5 (Russian standard). That will be 65 – 70%, 7.0 – 7.5 or 3 depending on the scale that is used.
English Proficiency Requirement (for Non-native English Speakers Only): IELTS Academic 6.0, TOEFL iBT 79, Cambridge FCE and higher. It may be substituted with equivalent proof documents approved by home university.
Nomination to ETU “LETI”: Outgoing Exchange Coordinators at Partner universities need to fill in the Nomination Form or send a list of nominated students to the Incoming Exchange Coordinator with the following information: name, surname, gender, DOB, e-mail, desired program.
Application Documents to prepare:
- Academic Transcript in English
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ Cambridge certificate or an official document from home university confirming level of English language (for non-native English speakers only)
- Motivation Letter
- Copy of Passport
- Vaccine certificate
How to submit the Application Documents: All application documents (in PDF) should be sent to the Incoming Exchange Coordinator.
|Nomination Deadline for Fall Semester||May 1|
|Application Deadline for Fall Semester||May 20|
|Nomination Deadline for Spring Semester||November 1|
|Application Deadline for Spring Semester||November 20|
A student is required to have a passport while applying for Russian visa. ID is not enough.
As soon as an exchange student submits the application documents and gets the approval from the Faculty, LETI’s Incoming Coordinator applies for an official invitation to the Migration Services. It takes approximately a month to issue an official invitation. Once students receive the invitation from ETU “LETI”, they are required to apply for their visa themselves at the nearest Russian Embassy in their home country prior to entering Russia.
Upon students’ arrival to Saint Petersburg, they must be registered in Federal Migration Service (FMS) as foreign citizens in the Russian Federation not later than 7 days from the date of arrival.
If a student wants to live in one of LETI’s dormitories, the registration is done by the International Academic Mobility Office. In this case, the registration documents must be presented at the International Academic Mobility Office (room 3245) the next day after arrival. The registration will be annulled by any change of accommodation in the Russian Federation (different dormitory, staying in a hotel for a weekend, hospital etc). If a student wants to move out of the dormitory (to an apartment, hotel, hostel etc), they need to renew their registration by themselves and show it at the International Academic Mobility Office without any delay.
All international students must have a medical insurance certificate valid in Russia and in particular in Saint Petersburg. The medical insurance should be valid for the whole term of staying in Russia (specifically including the date of departure).
|University Dormitories||A place in the dormitory is guaranteed for all incoming exchange students.|
|Cost||~ 2000 RUB per month
- Not including meals
- Housing fee must be paid within 1 week upon arrival
|How to Check-in||All the preparation is done by International Academic Mobility Office. Students need to show up in the dormitory with a passport.|
ETU “LETI” has a Buddy Program – a group of English-speaking volunteer students who are ready to help international students to adapt to the new country. One of our volunteers can meet you at the airport and accompany to the dormitory and then – to the University. Our buddies can show you the campus, help to fill in the documents, to apply for a bank card or to get a student metro card. They also could show you the city and help with everything you need.
- During boarding a flight to Russia a student is required to show to airline personnel a medical document proving a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken not earlier than 48 hours before the day of arrival to Russia. Please, make sure the results are either in Russian or in English. Documents in any other language must be translated and certified at the Embassy of the Russian Federation. Upon arrival to the dormitory, a student is required to show the results to the Head of the Dormitory.
- In 24 hours after arrival, a student needs to re-take the test. Providing test results before and after the arrival is an important condition for settling in a dormitory and/or admission to the full-time education for students coming from abroad.
- Test results must be sent to the Incoming Coordinator without any delay.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory on campus.