Healthcare for foreigners
1. Medical examinations of foreign citizens
1.1 For all foreign students who have arrived in the Russian Federation to study (except citizens of the Republic of Belarus)
(a) All foreign students who have arrived in the Russian Federation (RF) to study (except citizens of the Republic of Belarus) are required to undergo an annual medical examination.
- Federal Law of 01.07.2021 N 274-FL "On Amendments to the Federal Law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation",
- Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation of November 19, 2021, No. 1079n "On Approval of the Procedure of Medical Examination...",
- Order of the Rector of ETU "LETI" of 13.03.2023 #OD/0137 "On the organization of medical examination of foreign students of ETU "LETI".
b) The results of the medical examination are:
- certificate of the HIV-negative status of the applicant ( sample)
- medical report № 1 "On the absence of the use by a foreign citizen or stateless person of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances without a prescription or new potentially dangerous psychoactive substances and their metabolites" ( sample);
- medical report №2 "On the presence (absence) of infectious diseases that are dangerous to the surrounding people" ( sample);
- chest X-ray Certificate.
Medical documents are valid for 12 months.
c) the documents mentioned in point b) are required to be submitted to office №1 of the medical health center and the MSO within 90 calendar days. You may undergo fingerprinting and medical examination at the Unified Document Center at: St. Petersburg, ul. Krasniy Tekstilshchik, 10-12, literature B, entrance №2, 4th floor and (when receiving medical reports, please require the Chest X-ray Certificate!)
1.2 For citizens of the Republic of Belarus
Foreign students who are citizens of the Republic of Belarus, arriving at St. Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI" for studying, must submit to room 1 of the Medical-Health Center:
- medical certificate f.086/u or similar sample from the place of residence (with the results of examination by doctors of specialists, clinical blood analysis, general urinalysis, blood tests for cholesterol and glucose, ECG with transcripts), preferably with the indication of health group and group for physical training;
- Results of chest X-ray examination for the last year;
- Vaccination certificate or data on vaccinations.
2. Obtaining an admission to physical education classes
2.1 All foreign citizens (except citizens of the Republic of Belarus) must:
- go to the room № 219 of the St. Petersburg State Budget Health Institution "City Polyclinic № 76", where under the policy of VMI or for cash payment to undergo stress ECG examination;
- get a certificate from a physician-therapist in the room №1 of the medical health center or in St. Petersburg State Budget Health Institution "City Polyclinic № 76".
2.2 Foreign students – citizens of the Republic of Belarus
- admission for physical training can be obtained in the office № 1 of the medical health center in the presence of resultts of X-ray examination or group for physical training in the medical documents from the place of residence;
- in the absence of these data – see p.2.1.
3. Necessary medical documents for moving into the dormitories
- International students who have the Chest X-ray certificate in the Russian Federation for the last year (not more than 11 months) or a valid medical certificate № 2, can move in according to these documents;
- International students arriving in the Russian Federation for the first time, as well as students arriving after the vacations who have expired certificates of medical examination, must provide results of chest X-ray examination from the country of residence in the form of a verified translation.
4. Where to seek medical care
International students can apply for medical care:
4.1 By the VMI policy:
- to a medical institution by calling the phone number on the policy
- to room № 1 of the medical health center (where the therapist from St. Petersburg State Budget Health Institution “City Polyclinic № 76” receives patients), if the insurance company has a contract with this polyclinic, for example, Balt-Assistance LLC (Ingosstrakh). You can buy a VMI policy of this company in the ISO. In the room № 1, a therapist may issue medical certificate of a student (form № 095/у) A list of insurance companies that have an agreement with the St. Petersburg State Medical Institution "City Polyclinic No. 76".
4.2. at any medical institution, for a cash payment, including the St. Petersburg State Budget Health Institution “City Polyclinic №76” at Khlopina St., 11 (metro station "Ploshchad Muzhestva").
4.3 at the University's medical health center, for free, which will provide:
- medical care in cases of acute illnesses, emergencies, injuries, etc.,
- medical examinations with taking and transcribing of ECG for receiving an admission to sports rooms of hostels (daily on workdays from 01.00 pm to 03.00 pm),
- medical examination (with the issuance of a certificate) to visit the swimming pool.
You should apply to the therapist Strosevich Natalia Mikhailovna in the room № 12 from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM, except weekends.
On a fee basis in the medical health center you can do any tests, including COVID, at prices 2 times lower than the city average!!!
For any questions you can contact the head of the medical health center Elena Aksyanova in room number 13 from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
5. Voluntary medical insurance (VMI) policy
Medical assistance to international students is provided on the basis of the Russian Government Decree from 06.03.2013 № 186 "On approval of the rules of medical assistance to foreign citizens on the territory of the Russian Federation".
In accordance with this document, medical assistance in an emergency and planned form is provided to foreign citizens for cash payment in accordance with the agreement on the provision of paid medical services or under the VMI policy in accordance with the agreement of voluntary medical insurance.
In which cases medical assistance is provided to foreign citizens for free:
- Emergency medical care for sudden acute illnesses, conditions, exacerbation of chronic diseases that pose a threat to the life of the patient;
- Emergency, including specialized emergency medical assistance for diseases, accidents, injuries, poisonings and other conditions requiring urgent medical intervention.
The advantages of health care under the VMI policy:
- insurance coverage allows you to receive more medical care;
- low prices for services (in comparison with existing fees);
- service in different medical institutions;
- the reception of a therapist from the St. Petersburg State Budget Health Institution “City polyclinic № 76” in the room №1 of the medical health care center with the registration of a certificate of temporary disability (form No.095/y).
The registration of the VMI policy:
- the policy can be taken out in the International Student Office (Building 3, 4th floor);
- at the office of any insurance company, preferably recommended by the ISO and having a contract with the St. Petersburg State Budget Health Institution "City Polyclinic No. 76".
6. Policy of obligatory medical insurance (OMI)
The policy of OMI gives the right to receive free medical care in municipal health care institutions of the Russian Federation.
Foreign students can obtain the policy of OMI:
- If they have a resident card for the Russian Federation;
- If they have a temporary resident permit;
- Citizens of the EEU countries (Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan) who are officially employed in Russia.