Graduate of 2002
- St. Petersburg State Electro Technical University St. Petersburg, Russia, Bachelors of Science in Engineering 1997 - 2002
- St. Petersburg State Electro Techni cal Unive rsity St. Petersburg, Russia, Advanced Certificate in Russian Language 1996 - 1997
- Ananda College Colombo, Sri Lanka G.C.E (A/L) 1983 - 1990
Embassy of Sri Lanka Stockholm, Sweden
Ambassador, 2011 - up to date
- Appointed as the Ambassador to Sweden with accreditation to Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia and Lithuania.
- Appointed by H.E the President of Sri Lanka as the youngest Ambassador of Sri Lanka serving in a foreign mission.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Skills Development Colombo, Sri Lanka
Personal Secretary to the Hon. Minister of Youth Affairs and Skills Development, 2010 - 2011
- Assisting the Hon. Minister in a multitude of duties including ministerial, social and electoral obligations providing vast and valuable experience.
Mobitel (PVT) LTD Colombo, Sri Lanka
General Manager - Network & Service Quality, 2002 - 2011
- Directly reporting to the CEO. Member of the Senior Management Team; the Decision making and Governing body of the company.
Manager - Network & Service Quality
- Formulate the service quality goals for the organization.
- Overall responsibility of monitoring and establishing appropriate service quality in terms of industry expectations.
- Establishing and reviewing benchmarks with regard to service quality and performing gap analyses.
- Establishing and implementing systems where service quality meets both external and internal requirements including legal compliance and customer expectations and creating as well as monitoring frameworks where service quality can be a key differentiator to win market share.
Engineer - Transmission Planning
- Supervision and optimization of the island wide transmission network. Played a key role when the network was being migrated to GSM from TDMA.
- Sinhalese - Mother language
- English - Good
- Russian - Intermediate
- Swedish - Beginner
Skills and competencies
- Proficient in Transmission Planning; site surveys, LOS visits, Link budget calculation, frequency allocation.
- Proficient in TEMS software used for MW planning. Site sharing. Sub frequency bands and sport frequencies.
- Proficient Microsoft Office, Adobe, Windows, MAC OS X, PowerPoint, Internet and Database researching, HTML.
- Represented Mobitel in evaluating the vendors for 3G Migration in site visits to Melbourne, Zhen Gang, Hong Kong, Singapore and Athens.
- Successfully completed the Executive Program: "Achieving Excellence through Superior Service" conducted by the Indian School of Business in Hyderabad, India.
- Participated in the Network Evaluation Summit in Singapore
- Completion of overseas training in TEMS link, Mini Link Operation and Maintenance, Mini Link TN, HC and E system in Sweden and Malaysia.
- Social Work
- Badminton, Cricket and Chess
- Spending time with family, friends and take care of pets