Choose the oldest Electrotechnical University in Europe! As well as getting an education and acquiring knowledge in the field of Engineering, you also make friends for life and create great memories at ETU.
- Copy of national passport (valid for more than 18 months);
- copies of previous educational background certificates (with the transcript);
- copies of notarized translations into Russian of the passport, previous educational background certificates and the transcript;
- document certifying your knowledge of English (certificate of your English proficiency from your University is acceptable) for English-taught programs or document certifying your knowledge of English for Russian-taught programs;
- 6 photos 3x4.
Check the email you've submitted in the application form regularly so that you don't miss your Acceptance Letter. It may take up to 45 days after the documents submission deadline to receive this email.
The invitation can be received through the authorized person (family, friend, colleague etc.) or via express post. In case of posting, the expenses are covered by the receiver." ETU "LETI" provides the successful applicants with the official invitation letter by the Federal Migration Service. The receiving of the invitation may take up to 45 days after the documents submission deadline and the confirmation of the first semester tuition fee payment. The invitation letter will be sent to the email you indicated in the application form.
We kindly ask applicants to connect with the embassy where they are going to get visa to check the visa requirements in advance. Having received the invitation, you should apply for a student visa in the consulate or embassy of Russian Federation that you indicated before.
This Invitation Letter entitles you to a 90-days entry visa, which is issued by a Russian embassy or consulate in your home country. The period of your visa will be extended to cover the whole period of your program after coming to LETI.
To apply for the Preparatory Course one must have a previous educational background certificates (with the transcript) which certifies the education of the level sufficient for application for higher education in Russia as well as in the country of origin.
For all programs it's also necessary to provide:
- the translation copy of national passport (valid for more than 18 months);
- copies of notarized translations into Russian of the passport;
- previous educational background certificates and the transcript; document certifying your knowledge of English (certificate of your English proficiency from your University is acceptable);
- 6 photos 3x4;
- Medical certificates translated to Russian (HIV-test, X-ray, overall health) – can be made in St. Petersburg);
- Health insurance policy. You can obtain it in the University or at any insurance company in St. Petersburg. When obtaining an insurance policy, pay attention to its type (it should be for international students) and coverage territory (it should be St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast).
Please note that all international visitors to Russia are required to get a migration card and file for a migration registration upon their arrival in Russia.
Migration card is a document certifying international citizens' stay in Russia. You can ask for a migration card form when boarding your flight to Russia or get it at a special information desk near the passport control.
On the day of your arrival to Russia (or the first following working day should you arrive at the weekend), you'll need to visit ETU LETI to get your migration registration.
For those who are full of energy we can offer a wide variety of sport classes.
In ETU Cultural Center everyone can find something to enjoy. There are dancing classes, notable chorus of LETI and a drama school.
Fans of intellectual activity and brainstorm might be interested in our mind game club "What? Where? When?". Those who are resourceful and have a good sense of humor can join "Club of Funny and Inventive people". This is a place where the most creative and active people make jokes and write humorous scripts with showing them on stage afterwards.
Students show their cooking skills and techniques taking part in a culinary competition in the university residence halls.
There are many more activities in our university. We are always open for new creative ideas and support students' initiative and participation in cultural life of LETI which promotes their personal growth.